Friday 26 September 2014

Day 23 - Thursday, September 25, 2014

Checked the link and we had made it to the Front Page of the Wells River hebdomodary newspaper_photo and description!

See http://online.thebridgeweekly.com/app.php?RelId=6.2.2.3

It is chillier in the morning.  Here is Pauline starting off wearing layers.




Native baby doll at three kilometres into the walk:




We've been walking the US Route 5 all week! Today, while walking towards us, Dean went into the bushes for a pit stop.  Lo and behold he saw a trail along the Connecticut River that he hadn't found on any maps.  




 Dean was happy to report that it was most like the trail the natives would have been using.  We were
happy to learn of it and to walk on it!



While we were on the trail, Pauline found an info board about foxes_red and grey ones.  She was fascinated to learn that the grey fox could climb trees.  I was amazed that the previous sleep, I had dreamt of a red fox and a fox with black & white hairs.  It is the second time during this journey_the other time, I dreamt of blooming lilypads, which we saw for the first time the day following my dream! (just after the Causeway taking us off Grand Isle Island if I remember correctly.)


Aujourd'hui, nous avons marché sur "Old Connecticut Road", une route plus tranquille que la 5.


Birds are migrating.  Woolly Bear caterpillars are venturing out in the middle of the lanes.  I am dancing through the air, with feet in the harvested corn field.



I have been hearing the refrain and seeing the words of "Blackbird" last few days.  Thanks Dean for reminding me this is a Beatles song.  Like the voyageurs, it gives a rhythm and energy to my walk.


Here is Pauline sitting on a wall of stone, "en attendant Fleur-Ange." I am not dillydallying as Pauline teasingly (I think) wrote on Facebook.  I know exactly what I am doing as I do it or at least, my intuition knows.  Here is a photo of a bit of the painted line along today's walk! Dean saw what I saw, as soon as he saw this capture.



And most importantly, making connection with the waterways.  When I saw steps leading down to the Connecticut River, I called out to Pauline: "Je descends."  Good thing she stopped as I was done there quite a while.  The canoes by the dock reminded me that the young men who escaped and returned to Deerfield, found a canoe on one of the bodies of water and went off with it.



I lay on the dock and touched the water of the Connecticut River.  Processing it a while later, I realized the water had been warmer than I expected.  Close to the temperature of my hand at the time.





Back on route 5 in the afternoon, still seeing beautiful views of the Connecticut River.  The day had warmed up considerably from the morning.  It was 21 degrees C. when we had completed our 21.06 km-walk at 3:30 p.m.




No comments:

Post a Comment