Friday 19 September 2014

Day 12 - Sunday, September 14, 2014

This was our second day off. We have a scheduled day off after 5 days of walking. We had promised ourselves we would not make the same mistake we made on our first day off_and just stay home and relax.

Well, when I'd gone to bed the night before, I had a throbbing index, which just got worse as the night went on.  Dean had assured me I could soak it in epsom salt, followed by honey, a natural antiseptic and so I relaxed enough to go to sleep.

In the morning I did so, but everyone thought it would be a good plan to go to the newly opened clinic.

I met with Dr. Burgoygne, after calling my Travel Insurance Company.  In Canada, I think the doctor would have called his treatment, lancing.  He said he would punch a hole in my finger.  I agreed to it without any needle to kill the pain.  He called me "brave", and that I represented my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother well.

Our host, Jim Lunn, took us for a tour of a granite quarry, the Hope Cemetery, and Mount Farm for a creemee, for a sweet ending.

* photos later

When we got back, I soaked my finger in Epsom Salt as recommended while trying to do my blog.
You can see by the marks on the keyboard that the affected finger is on my right hand.








Addition on October 17, 2014


                                                                                                                photo credit: Dean Gugler

As it was our day off, my native doll stayed at the B&B for the day.

The three of us walked down the road and around the corner to see the third of the covered bridges in the area.  I like that the covered bridge and its reflection creates a frame for a kind of photo within a photo.  Well done, Dean!

1 comment:

  1. This was one of our better "day's off." I really liked all the covered bridges in the area!

    ReplyDelete