Monday 22 September 2014

Day 19 - Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014

Had an organic cereal purchased at Walmart!  I didnt really like how it tasted. We have run out of cereal from home. By the time we moved out of our B&B and I had driven to where we were to start walking I felt pain in my stomach and wondered if I was going to hold it down.

I should have known it was going to be my most difficult walk to date though there was nothing to be done about it.


                            photo at 3 km point in our walk: native doll in rabbit's foot clover



Found out from a man tending his garden that autumn starts tomorrow.

So we enjoyed the three monarchs we saw today.


At Quechee State Park where we are staying I read about the longevity of trees on their information board.  Birch live 60 years. Maple up to 300 years. Eastern White Pine: 400 years.  Oak 200 - 500 years.

I wonder if I can find the oldest maple, eastern white pine and oak and whether they grow by the route taken from Deerfield to Montreal.

More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment