Wednesday 15 October 2014

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Have I put up a photo of Dean and I yet?  Nice of you to arrange Fox Hill Rd as an encounter when you mapped our route, Dean!;~)  And if this photo were large enough, you could see my life-time friend, Pauline, reflected in Dean's sunglasses.  And I am wearing the bracelet I purchased on Isle La Motte on day 6 our first day off.




Someone asked if I had ever found the bracelet.

No I didn't.

Here is what it looked like:

It had a large blown-glass green heart.

I walked wearing it the whole week it was mine.
I imagined giving and receiving love
as I breathed.

It made walking easier.

I wore it
whether it was
warm or cold.


I noticed
it had
a small pink heart
and
a small green heart.

At the end of this day, I noticed it was missing.
We had walked a very long way.
We checked the photos,
and I knew it had been lost earlier in the day.

Maybe around Wells River,
where I had rushed down to the shore.

Heading home,
we stopped 
and
I checked.

I was okay
not having it.

I did email
the store
where I had 
purchased it.

I have received no reply.

Upon my return,
I received a glass bead bracelet
my daughter and granddaughter
had strung together.
I has a metallic thread, 
and a strong clasp.
The beads are green and blue.
It was made with love.

1 comment:

  1. Just too bad it was lost. Yes, I think it will be found and puzzled over much later by another visitor to the Wells River.

    ReplyDelete