Thursday 16 October 2014

Thursday, October 16th, 2014

My grandparents Lamothe had 15 children and over one hundred grandchildren.

Though it had not been in my plans, I hadn't paid attention to the details of the route, I visited my cousin Thérèse while walking from Montreal to Deerfield on September the 6th.

I live in the province of Ontario and my cousin Therese lives in the province of Québec.  I knew she lived in St. Jean sur Richelieu.  And I also remembered that she said that she spent a summer at our house babysitting when I was two.  It had seemed a fond memory for her though I had no memory of it.

Though there was a memory of a photo.  I wrote to my brother Henri, current keeper of my late parents' album and he found exactly what I was looking for.


I will get a photo printed for Thérèse and write to her.
I believe Thérèse is the cousin on the right, holding my late brother Jacques.

This journey was more than one to do with ancestors from the 1700s.

I had lived and studied in Hearst, Ontario, for a year when I was 18 years old and I had not visited my  tante 'live. I did not make the same mistake this time.


I enjoyed my visit and learned that my cousin
was loving
and 
kind.


She gave me a rosary that she had crocheted herself.

(photo to come)

Our grandmother Lamothe would have been proud of us.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the enjoyable photos! Well...maybe not the one that looks like litter...but the others at super!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the photos, Karen. Wasn't the litter colourful though?;~)

      Delete