Sunday 5 October 2014

Day 31 - Friday, October 3, 2014

Pauline and I went for a 3-mile walk on the roads around our B&B in the morning while Dean went for a long run.





After that we headed to Deerfield to pick up current info on the Nims reunion.  We then headed to the  cemetery.  It was an emotional moment making my way to the burial mound, as if it was family I had known and loved.




In the evening, Pauline and I met with the other Nims descendants who had gathered in Greenfield for a buffet dinner organized by the Nims Family association.  I thought we would be the only Francophones apart from Lise and Louis Ménard from Montréal who had organized the last reunion.  We weren't.  There was one from Ottawa.  And a couple from Guelph!  Turns out the direct descendant living in Guelph was born and raised in Kapuskasing! H. Thérèse Gagné. The Nims must be everywhere!

Dean chose to stay home.

I had been asked that morning by the president, Betsy, if I would take a few minutes after dinner to tell of my walk.  Dean advised that I asked how many minutes, set the timer on my iPhone, and stop when it rang.  As it turned out Betsy did not give me a time.  I spoke briefly.  Betsy suggested I do questions & answer these.  Pauline chose not to speak formally.  We got a standing from the 63 other people in attendance!




No comments:

Post a Comment