Monday 13 October 2014

Monday, October 13, 2014

As promised in my last posting, here is the set of photos I did not get to blogging yesterday.

We were walking on a road on Grand Isle situated on Lake Champlain, a week after school started this year.

I spotted this playground ship to the side and behind the school.  It was too far for my lens to capture.  I told Pauline I was going, and to hold her back, I asked if she would take a photo of the school's sign.

As I approached, I would not have been surprised to have a principal or vice-principal come out and inquire what I was up to. (It happened to me as recently as last year when we were on Jersey Island.)  No one did here and I was free to take a photo.





Or two.  I think this is the coolest newsletter.  It was posted in the playground. I've no doubt this is a happy environment for children.




Here is the cheerful sign for North Hero School.  I hope Pauline wasn't upset when I took my own photo.  Can't remember now, but I think she started walking again.  I wasn't calling her my "Pacer Bunny" at that point.  I am grateful that Pauline was there.  It wouldn't have been as great a quest without her.




On the second day of our walk, the first day felt like a dream.  I had to find ways of remembering.

With this last capture, I got my answer to why no one was too worried abut someone walking about.  The school and the municipal offices shared a common space.


Today, as I processed these images, I notice that one of the places on the map is named Carrying Place!  I wonder if this was where 3 three old Abigail and other little children were carried on Lake Champlain in 1704!


No comments:

Post a Comment