Sunday 5 October 2014

Day 33 – Sunday, October 5, 2014

When I was approaching Historic Deerfield on October 1st, it came to me that Abigail Nims, who was captured at the age of 3 and never returned to Deerfield remembered something of her origins.
“I, Godfrey Nims stood, for a long time, with my back to where my house stood before it burned down.  Only a short while ago, I was a happy husband.  Mehitable and I had 20 descendants.  Now she is gone.  My children Sarah, John, Ebenezer and little Abigail have been taken too. I feel so helpless.  Could I have done something differently to save my family?”


“Where is Father? Why does he not come looking for me?” (Abigail Nims)

...

Today, before beginning our trip back home we again enjoyed having breakfast served at Country Cape B&B and the other guests Cathy and Bill Smart.  Cathy is taking a 6-day workshop in Deerfield on quilting techniques to interpret photos and to use bold, contrasting prints.  


And I got a chance to talk with Gary, who was washing the dishes, and to find out about his life from the time he was at Carleton University.  A full and varied life.  Hugs to all.











We took time to visit Magic Wings, which had not happened the previous day.  A great way to end our visit to Massachusetts, Dean: thank you for suggesting it.

Now we are in our last B & B outside Richfield Springs in the state of New York: by a lakeside, on our own with all the amenities.

No comments:

Post a Comment