Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tuesday, October 14th, 2014

Nail polish, during walk, first rubbed off on toe
next to my shortest toe, then the toe next to my 
tallest toe. Normally that never happens.
Happily no pain occurred in this area.




No pain in my right foot this morning and I did not put any cream on last night.

Last Wednesday, I went to my massage therapist, Catherine Proulx, for my monthly massage.  She informed me that the pain in my foot was from a ? that went from my big toe, over the top of the foot, and up the front of my leg.  She manipulated it. At first touch, it was sore.  The gentle manipulation eased the pain. Then she iced it.

When I got home and told Dean about it he suggested I use the Arnica cream he had since our first naturopathic doctor, Dr. Laura recommended it to him.  I didn’t remember he ever had this.

Then on October 11th, I get a late summer newsletter from Naturopathic Perspective.  Included is: Note the third item is Arnica oil!

For Your “Naturopathic” First Aid Kit
Herbals
Calendula ointment/cream - treating minor cuts and abrasions
Tea tree oil - Treating minor cuts and abrasions, burns, earaches, hives, rashes, sunburns, and can even help with the removal of ticks.
Arnica oil - Known for its anti- inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, helps with aches, bruises and sprains on unbroken skin. •Distilled witch hazel - Helps heal bruising, reduces swelling and itching, and can be used to soothe skin that has come in contact with poison ivy and poison oak.
•Burt’s Bees lip balm – protects/ treats lips from wind and sun burn
Note the third item is Arnica oil!

So the next day, I check the book, Ecoholic Body: Your Ultimate Earth-Friendly Guide to Living Healthy & Looking Good by Adria Vasil, published by Vintage Canada and sold at Goodness Me, to see how good the book is.  I looked in the index and there it was: arnica cream, p. 231, arnica cream for pain relief, p. 199. It says it is great for reducing bruising and swelling. 

199: “Arnica cream is a staple in many cupboards (mine now) for slathering on bumps, bruises and pulls. This European herb has great anit-inflammatory properties and helps speed up healing.  Remember to avoid wild arnica (scarcity.) Best to get a certified-organic arnica product by Canadians St. Francis Herb Farm Oil.


So it was the 3rd time in less than a week that “Arnica” has come to my attention.  I thought you’d want to know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment