Sunday 5 October 2014

Day 30 – Thursday, October 2, 2014

In my dream, I introduce Kathy, a curler I know to Cathy Proulx, my massage therapist.

In wakefulness, this does not surprise me as I have recently noticed that unbeknownst to me, people I know from different walks of life know each other e.g. Cathy Proulx knows Jane Goldspink.  And that the other Kathy, whose last name I can’t remember this morning, knows Ronna Yallup.

I drive and we find our B&B, The Country Cape Bed & Breakfast run by Nancy and Gary Wilson in Whately, MA. 

I have been looking forward to meeing Nancy & Gary as he went to Carleton University in Ottawa at the same time as I did.  And his sister-in-law, who lives out west in Canada is a direct Nims descendant too!

We bring our things in.  Nancy says we can do a wash & dry in!:~)  We ask Nancy to recommend a restaurant that offers healthy food and is good value. She recommends Paul & Elizabeth in Northampton.  It does not disappoint.  I have one of the nights specialties, Faroe Island salmon with pureed autumn vegetables and green beans with a salad.  Succulent! I have a glass of wine: My Daily Red.  Dean and I share the banana cream pie with whipped cream.  The crust is awesome: their own maple walnut honey granola crust. Dean and I have no problem enjoying every last morsel. We talk about the girls’ college, Smith College and the large mural in tribute to women from 1600 to the present.  Northampton is a woman-friendly city says our waitress.

Back at the B&B, I put my ice pack on my right foot and work on my blog in the living room.  As Nancy and I talk, she mentions her sister-in-law’s name, the one whose mother was a Nims.  Her name is Cathi Wilson.  That’s the same name as the person I was introducing to Catherine Proulx in my dream!  I hadn’t been able to remember Kathy’s last name until I heard Nancy say it!  This is the third dream I have while on this journey, that coincides with something to come during the next day!

)What also surprises me now, about this dream is that my unconscious put these two together! I only now realize that Kathy gave me massages before Cathy did!)

Nancy has a beautiful home.  I am amazed that we have a sofa that looks like the same make (mine, I remember, was made in the U.S.)  



Another armchair has a similar greenish flame pattern_mine, an armchair given to me, that I had chosen fabric for reupholstering.  (No photo! I was going to take one, then I thought I would wait 'til Pauline sat in it again; but I forgot!) Some old brass bells are the same as Dean & I have!




Gary painted 30 years ago: the paintings are geometrical, beautiful and accomplished.  

I have picked Are You Somebody? by Nuela O’Faolain off their bookshelf to read while we are here over the next 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment